Thursday, August 17, 2006

39 Weeks


Current mood: content
Category: Life
7Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!

8Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.

9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Corinthians 12:7-10

I read this verse today and although I've read it and heard it countless times it spoke to me today about how I have been whining about my pains that go along with pregnancy and that I just want the baby to get here! and I realized that I should just use my weaknesses to exalt Christ. I know that if I just wait on God that my baby will be born on the perfect day at the perfect time because God is perfect and his timing is perfect.

I was thinking about trying all kinds of things to try to self induce labor...eat pineapple, drink some castor oil, walk 5 miles, and other things that I don't want to mention among mixed company. but now I am just going to live my life, relax, and let God do his thing. I have put my baby and my pregnancy in God's hands from the beginning and now that my due date is so close I'm trying to take control back from him.

So, 1 week from today is my due date and it looks like, possibly, next Thursday I will be writing a blog entitled "40 weeks today". but that's ok. I just really hope I never write a blog entitled "43 weeks today"!!!

No comments: