Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Goal # 78 on my list is to drink 6 glasses of water a day. I hope that I will do more than that but I wanted to set an atainable goal too. I found a gadget on Google desktop that is a water reminder. I have mine set to remind me every 10 minutes to drink some water. I was afraid of it being an annoying alarm or something but it is just a sound affect of swishing water. Very appropriate and somewhat soothing. I just thought I'd tell everyone about it so that if you want to try to drink more water you can try it out too!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
If you can't read it, it says "You'll get all that you want, You just write out your list. Everyone has an Octember First list. Write slowly now! Don't break your wrist."
I love it!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Failed to complete
Let's broaden our Horizons!
1. Read the whole Bible
3. Try one new recipe every month (20/32)
4. Pray every day
5. Order something new off of a restaurant menu 10 times (3/10)
6. Learn how to crochet a hat
9. Get a Passport
10. Beat (win) a video game I have started playing Little Big Planet
11. Participate in post crossing
12. Plan and host a scavenger hunt
13. Try letterboxing at least once
14. Learn to drive a stick shift
15. Send a secret to post secret
16. Do the "Love Dare"
17. Get good at french braiding
19. Sell something on Ebay
22. Get up early and watch the sunrise.
Let's make something!
23. Sew a dress for Zoe
24. Sew a quilt
26. Take a self portrait for 365 days straight
28. Make an advent calendar
29. Color an entire coloring book
30. Do a 365 project with Henry and Zoe.
31. Write a song
32. Finish Henry's scrapbook (to date)
33. Finish Zoe's scrapbook ( to date)
34. Frame a photo of something other than a person that I took.
35. Sing on video and post it to youtube
36. Do an ABC project of Zoe
37. Come up with a signature recipe
39. Paint a shark for Henry
40. draw a picture of my kids.
Let's get together!
41. Take the kids to the aquarium
43. Make Matt breakfast in bed
44. Invite someone over for dinner
45. Plan and execute a progressive meal
46. Make 3 new friends
47. Spend an evening with each of my sisters, my mom and mother in law 1/5
48. Spend time one day a month with each of my children (their special day with Mommy)
50. Meet 2 more Pink Sheep
51. Send all my "Pink Sheep" friends a letter
52. Meet all of my neighbors.
53. Kiss my husband every day for at least 1 minute straight (unless he's traveling)
54. Have a bread bowl party
55. Have a big party for Matt's 30th birthday.
It's all about the Benjamins!
56. Pay off Credit cards (0/3)
57. Save $500 just for me to buy new clothes (guilt free) (0/500)
58. Have $3,000 in savings by day 1,001 (0 / 3,000)
59. Start a college savings account for Henry and Zoe (yes, I know I should have done this by
Let's start a photography Business!
Let's make our house better
65. Organize the garage
66. Put baseboards in the dining room / hallway
67. Put moulding in Henry's room
68. Hang some pictures in my bedroom
Let's give back!
70. Give flowers to someone "just because"
71. Send a shoe box at Christmas (1/2)
74. Send a carepackage to a soldier
75. Do random acts of kindness on a regular basis
76. Make a cake to bring to work and share 5 times (2/5)
Let's get Healthy!
77. Get 30 minutes of exercise 3x a week (at least) (1/429)
78. Drink 6 glasses of water a day
80. No sweets for a week
82. Walk to work once a week or 143 times (4/143)Failed!
83. Go on a hike
84. Take a vitamin every day for a month.
85. Go away for a weekend with Matt without the kids
86. Go the whole time without cutting my hair (split ends, shape ups and bangs excluded)
88. Spend one day a month internet and tv free (0/32)
89. Write a will
90. Go on a picnic
91. Clean out my cars
92. Plant a vegetable garden
95. Read Henry all Dr. Seuss books (0/64)
List related actions
96. Save $5 for every task complete
97. Donate $5 for every task not completed
98. Write a letter to myself on day 1 and read it on day 1001 Letter written!
99. Blog about each item as it is completed. (2 / 101)
101. Make a new 101 things list and start all over.
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part). Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.Once you have created your site, you can add it to the master list here at Day Zero.Calculating the End Date
You can easily find out when your project will end by using this handy tool at timeanddate.com.
1,001 days from October 1st 2009 is Thursday, June 28, 2012
Get more information on Day Zero. you can even look at other people's lists for ideas!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Here are the clues I used for the treasure hunt, these were for 3 and 4 year olds (and one 6 year old) if the kids are older at your party you may want to make them a little more challenging.
The front door is where ye greet yer hearties
Sometimes we call 'em friends
Welcome to the pirate party
This is where the hunt begins!
This is where you get your mail, packages and bills
Go there fast and get your clue or else the scallywags will
Go to the place that ye watch tv, movies and other shows
This is where ye find yer next clue that is where ye should go.
This is where you find your snacks salty, sweet or fuity
You’ll also find your next clue to lead you to the booty
Avast me hardies listen up! you’re almost there you see.
Go to where you swing up high underneath a tree.
This is where you walk the plank and take a swim for pleasure
It’s also where you should look if you want to find your treasure!
I got lazy with the you / ye's toward the end but you get the picture!
I found this website that had a lot of pirate verbiage that can help you with your clues.
Let me just tell you, I have the best family that anyone could ask for!
My mom made a great cake with sharks and a pirate ship. My sisters, Becky and Katie helped me fill up water balloons. It took them about 30 minutes to fill them up and they were all destroyed within 3 minutes. Kelly brought some yummy food and half of Henry's guests. :)Henry got a lot of shark / pirate themed presents from everyone that he loves! He also got some new play-doh which I know he will have me shape into sharks for him. Thank you to everyone who came, thank you for Henry's gifts. Thanks to my Mom and Dad for letting me crash their Labor Day cookout! Thanks to everyone for all the yummy food and especially thanks to my mom for the beautiful cake!
I will post pictures and a video of the party later.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Make photo slide shows at www.OneTrueMedia.com
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Last year we got Henry a fishtank which needs some serious attention, it looks more like a breeding ground for algae than a fishtank.