Monday, September 21, 2009

New Project: 101 in 1001

I have my list completed! What list? You may ask. Well my list of 101 goals that I want to achieve in 1001 days! I am going to share my list in the next couple of days but day 1 will not be until October 1st (10/1). It seemed like an appropriate day (10/1 - 101 get it?) I want all of my readers to consider doing this with me. Make your own list and play along! We can encourage each other to keep going.

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part). Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.Once you have created your site, you can add it to the master list here at Day Zero.Calculating the End Date
You can easily find out when your project will end by using this handy tool at timeanddate.com.
1,001 days from October 1st 2009 is Thursday, June 28, 2012

Get more information on Day Zero. you can even look at other people's lists for ideas!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I *love* this idea!!! I'm a neurotic list maker...so this is right up my alley. I just might have to follow suit!