Saturday, November 15, 2008

Make your own "Babylegs"

Babylegs are so cute but at 12 to 22 bucks a pair were a bit frivolous for my budget. I made some for Zoe out of tube socks that cost (in this case) $1 a pair at Wal-Mart. They were so easy! All you need is a pair of tube socks (similar to the ones pictured below), a pair of scissors, a sewing machine and thread.

This is the two pairs of babylegs I made today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Step one: cut the sock in half at the heel. Cut the heel and toe off of the sock. Discard the toe and heel. (Unless you can think of something to do with them)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Turn the foot part of the sock inside itself as shown with the "good" side showing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Put the top part of the sock inside the foot part of the sock. All the rough edges should line up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, comes the sewing part. I did not pin but if it makes you feel better pin the rough edges together around the sock then sew the three edges together. I used a zig-zag stitch to make it easier to stretch. fold the bottom part down and Voila! You're done!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is Zoe modeling her "Babylegs"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Sarah !!!

Jennie said...

I am SO glad I found this on your blog. I want to make some of these for Sarah (since I never did for Abby, and I don't think they'd have worked on her skinny little legs anyway). Thank you!