Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hey Y'all!

I know I haven't written a blog in forever but I wanted to write one just to let all my readers know that I'm still alive! I have been busy trying to get my photography business off the ground and trying to stick to my exercise / eating right. Eating healthy is very time consuming (not to mention expensive!) There is a lot of planning that goes into eating healthy. Sure once in a while I have a protein bar and a glass of milk for a meal but most of the time there is the cutting of the veggies or fruit, measuring portion sizes and putting it all together. I don't know if I'd be able to pull it off if I had a job.

Which leads me to another topic. I still have not been able to find a job and I'm getting a little antsy about it. I thought that I would have a job by now for sure! The job market is so saturated right now with the high unemployment rate that I have a lot of competition for any job I apply for. I hope that I'll be able to find something soon!

I have kind of abandoned my 365 project. It wasn't fun anymore and it felt more like something I had to do. I also felt pressured to do something wonderful for my picture everyday and I just wasn't getting any creative ideas that I could pull off. I also was taking it too serious. If I posted my picture of the day and I didn't get many comments on it (or any comments) I took it personally and got upset that it wasn't good enough for people to comment on! Crazy, huh? So, maybe I'll get back into it sometime for just 4 months (that's how long I had left to finish).

Right now my camera is broken so that is putting a damper on the 365 project and my photography. I hope to get it fixed soon. It should still be under warranty.

I'll post some before / after pics soon so you can see my first 30 days transformation on Insanity.

2 comments:

Alaythea said...

Glad to have you back in the blog world!!! It's nice to hear from you and I do miss your 365 project, sometimes I feel like I comment the same thing over and over again and I truly mean it but I don't want people reading it to think I comment because I have to. Does that make sense?! Anyway, I'm so glad Insanity is working so well for you. Your results have been great so far! It is time consuming for sure. Especially when you are on the go alot, like I am. Packing and preparing ahead of time is harder then it sounds....I've relied a lot on protein bars.....I keep a large variety on hand to grab and go with. That and string cheese!! Keep up the good work!

Jennie said...

Great, now I'm hungry for a string cheese. LOL

Way to go on the weight loss/exercise journey. I totally understand what a time commitment it is (and I'm not doing the healthy eating part!).

I do miss your pictures, and hope you get your camera fixed soon! Do you have a repair shop nearby?