Monday, July 26, 2010

A moment you would like to relive

There have been a lot of great moments in my life, I think my favorite moment to relive in my mind is the first time I kissed my husband, Matt. It was magical and innocent and beautiful. Of course, every time I kiss him it is wonderful but there is just something about a first kiss. You both are unsure, don't want to be rejected, don't want the other person to think you are a bad kisser, it's like jumping off a cliff into water below. You are so scared and excited at the same time. You know that once you step off, there is no going back. You are either gonna have a great experience or you're gonna bash your head open on the rocks below. (or in this case get your heart broken)

I was unsure of dating Matt when we first started hanging out together. His brother Will and my sister, Kelly had just gotten married and if our relationship didn't work out it had the potential of being awkward. Not to mention the fact that I am a lot older than him (I was 23 and he was 19 when we started dating). It's funny, because I remember the conversation I had with Matt right after we had our first kiss. I look back and think, "man, I was blunt! Most guys would have thought I was crazy and got out of there as fast as they could!" I think the conversation went a little like this:

Me: If you want to date me, you have to know that I am 23 and I'm gonna wanna get married in a couple years, I know you are young and that might not be something you want. So, if you don't want to get married in a couple years we might as well not even start anything.

Matt: Ok

Me: and if we don't work out you have to promise that when we break up, things won't be weird between us (because of Kelly and Will being married)

Matt: OK

Me: and I'm older than you, I want to have children before I'm 30 so you will be a young father.

Matt: OK

I think he must have liked me a lot because I sounded like a psycho woman! He kept his end of the bargain though since we did get married a couple years later. (well 2 1/2 years later) and we had our first child when I was 28 and our second when I was 30.

I love Matt so much and I'm so glad that I jumped off that cliff!

2 comments:

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

Sweet. If I could have a moment to relive it would be a day when all of my children were young and we were all laughing and haveing a fun day .

Jennie said...

I think when you know you're with the right one, you just know you're with the right one! Sounds like he knew (or he *might* have been scared off by that - lol). Too sweet! And I love that *this* was your moment to relive!!!