Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fun craft idea

I did this with the kids yesterday and they loved it. It was so easy and I am having all kinds of different ideas I can do. I'm sure that I'm not the first to think of this but I thought I'd share it anyway!

All you need is a sharpie (or other permanent marker), some craft foam sheets, scissors and imagination.

Henry loves sharks and anything that lives in the sea. He brought me a sheet of craft foam yesterday and said, "mommy, can you cut a hammerhead shark out of this" I was in an adventurous mood and thought, why not?! Of course when the hammerhead shark came out to his liking he kept asking for more fish. He even requested a princess for Zoe. (how sweet)

He played with these foam sharks for at least an hour. Today I was giving them a bath and an idea came to me. I ran and got the foam sharks and brought them to the tub. The foam stuck to the tub wall, instant tub toy. I was afraid that the marker might come off in the water but fortunately it didn't.

Here are some pics of them.









I am thinking that I could make puzzles, "paper" dolls, simple shapes for creating more complex designs. The possibilities are endless. Let me know if you try it out with your kids!


1 comment:

Mindi said...

So awesome! The fact that you are an artist makes it way cooler, too! ; )