Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

I have decided that I have too many digital pictures from the last 3 years and I need to sort through them all and decide which ones to keep and edit and which ones to send to the recycle bin. I mean I have 112 GB worth of pictures! I think I am going to try to go through one month's worth of pictures a week. I try to do this as I take pictures but some days it's just easier to just transfer everything on the memory card and sort through later. So, what I plan on doing is to start with March 2009 (that's when I got my DSLR and started going totally nutso with the picture taking!) and go through the March 2009 folder and sort this week. The next week I'll sort through April 2009 and so on and so forth. In a perfect world I will be caught up to date in 11 weeks. I'm hoping to come across some pics that didn't stand out to me the first time I saw them but now looking at them in a new light will become a new favorite. I also have realized that I am much better at photo editing now than I was 11 months ago. Gasp! Luckily for me, I always save the original version of the photo so that if in the future I become better at photo editing I can go back and "fix" it! Sometimes I do think ahead, believe it or not! So I will "re-edit" some pictures that need it. Take for example this little gem. It's one of the first pictures I took with my shiny new camera and look what I did to it. Poor little Zoe has freaky Alien eyes!!

Photobucket

Don't look into her eyes!!!! RUN!!!!

This is a re-edit I did real quick tonight, I think it looks a lot better.

Photobucket

So, anyway, stay tuned for some more pics that I come across in the next few months. I hope to share some of my favorites.

No comments: