Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cookbooks anyone?

I have been working on de-cluttering my kitchen this week and like many women in this country, I have too many cookbooks! Don't believe me? Here's a picture of them.
That blue ceramic planter is filled with the little cookbooks that you can buy in the checkout lane in the grocery store.
Photobucket

I have several cookbooks that I bought for some fundraiser or another, and I actually have a few more cook books that aren't even pictured here. These are just the ones that were in my kitchen cabinets. I have decided to make a deal with myself. If I make one, yes only one recipe out of a cookbook in the next 4 months I can keep it. So if by June, I haven't picked out a recipe from a book to try, it's getting donated to Goodwill. I have SEVERAL books here so I'm gonna be trying a lot of new recipes between now and June if I want to keep these books! If I try one that I think is really good, I'll share it on here.

There are a couple exceptions to my little game here, my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (The red gingham one) gets used a lot! so if I don't use it in the next four months (which I doubt will even happen) I still get to keep it. Also the red America's Test Kitchen cookbook is an old standby, so it stays!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Sounds like a good plan Sarah. Cookbooks are kind of like videotapes, you end up with a bunch of them and you end up wondering why you ever bought many of them. So they sit on your shelf for years and eventually end up at the Goodwill store or a flea market booth for a dollar each. So sad.

Alaythea said...

Wow! That is alot of cookbooks. My mom still has a good many. Joy of Cooking has always been her go-to cook book and I love it! But it just dawned on me that as far as I know I own one cook book and it's a small one some church put out! And I've never even used it, don't even know where it is!!! Lol!