Tuesday, March 28, 2006

To my baby boy

Friday (3/24/2006)was so exciting for me and your dad. We woke up Friday morning and we couldn't wait to go to the ultrasound to see you! We hadn't seen you in two months and we wanted to know if you were growing and we also wanted to know if you were a boy or a girl. We went to McDonalds and got some breakfast and we went to Eckerds to get a videotape so that we could watch you again when we got home. Grandma Cox met us there so that she could watch you too. When your dad and I walked into the Doctor's he looked at me and said "I don't care if it's a boy or a girl, I just want to know what it is and that it's healthy". I felt so nervous when they called my name to come back, I had been looking forward to this day for weeks and it was finally here. The lady who gave me the ultrasound was named Jill and she was nice. She showed me your heart beating and your brain and finally she told me that you were a boy! I was so happy, your dad and I couldn't stop smiling. Grandma was happy too! You are special because you are the first boy in my family. When we left the Dr. we called everyone that we know to tell them the news. Grandpa Cox was in Florida and when I told him you were a boy he said "no way!" he didn't believe me, but I told him that it was the truth. He was also very happy. I showed your pictures to everyone at work and your dad showed them to everyone at his work. I went to the store and bought some boy clothes for you and your dad bought a baseball glove for you. I can't wait until you get here! I want to kiss your adorable cheeks and hold you in my arms. I love you already.

No comments: