Monday, June 5, 2006

Lamaze and other horror stories


Current mood: scared
Category: Life

I watched this Lamaze/childbirth DVD this weekend. Oh my stars! I am not looking forward to giving birth after watching that! I was actually crying while watching parts of it because it scared me so much.

Even the description of the epidural didn't sound too hot. and I definately don't want a C-section! I really would like to have the baby without drugs just like they did in the old days but I don't know if I'll be able to. I am kind of a wuss sometimes but I can be tough sometimes too if I want to.

I think what I'm going to do is try it without drugs and just with the breathing techniques and then if I can't stand it and my labor is progressing slowly I might decide that I want drugs in the middle of it.

I just don't want to be so numb that I can't feel to push the baby out and then I'll end up having to have a C-section. Pray for me y'all!

Just for fun I read in the Bible where God promised Pain in Child Birth to Eve. Ahhh I hope that fruit was worth it Eve.

No comments: