Thursday, July 31, 2008

Simplify your life!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This week is Simplify your life week. (8/1-8/7) This is something that all of us need to do. Life these days can be so hectic with cell phones and TV, church meetings and work. How do we find the time to do everything that is required of us? This website has articles to help you simplify your life: http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/07/03/30-articles-that-will-help-you-simplify-your-life/ some of my favorite tips that I think I can accomplish right away are:

1. “Write a list of goals you’d like to achieve. Focus on doing a few really well, rather than a lot in a mediocre way. You can’t add hours to the day, but you can cut down on activities.” I always have ideas in my head of what I want to do with my time. It’s time for me to start actually doing some of them!

2. “Cut back on television time. Only watch those shows you decide on beforehand. Then turn off the TV when the show is over. Or go for broke! Give up watching television altogether.” I watch too many shows that I could care less about just because I feel like being a vegetable. The only show on right now that I care about watching is “So You Think You Can Dance” and the finale of that is next week. After that I’ll have several weeks before the new fall season starts that I can just leave the TV turned off.

3. “Make time for yourself. Set aside time each day to reflect quietly, go for a walk, plan for your future or meditate. Visit the park instead of the mall.” Having a full time job and 2 children under 2 makes this difficult but I can walk to work and take those few minutes to reflect.

4. “Take a moment each day to be grateful.” I do this daily through prayer and it really puts things in perspective of how good I have it compared to those less fortunate world-wide

No comments: