Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What will be your legacy?

August has no official holiday and so it is kinda boring…. I had a joke book when I was a kid that had this joke…Why are there no holidays in August? Because it’s too hot to celebrate anything! Of course there are some wacky, off-the-wall, little known holidays and I’ll keep you posted on my favorite.

August is “What will be your legacy month”

Legacy is defined as 1. money or property left to one in a will or 2.anything handed down as from an ancestor. I don’t have much in the way of money or property but I hope that the things that I hand down to my children and even grandchildren are better and longer lasting. Although my parents are still alive they have already left a great legacy. My parents taught me well. Love God above all, be generous and treat others with love and respect, and laugh often, even if it is at yourself. I hope to pass these lessons on to my children as well. I hope that when I’m dead and gone that my children will carry on the legacy that my parents started 30 years ago.

What will your legacy be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah.