Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol - Motown Week

I've always liked Motown music, I was raised listening to it. So I figured this would be a good night of singing. The contestants did not disappoint! The second hour of the show I was running back and forth between the Living room where my fav. show in the world was on (Lost) and the playroom where the second hour of my second favorite show (American Idol) was on so I didn't get to see the full performances and judges comments from the last half of the show. (darn you Obama!! grrr)

Also, new this week in my blog look for the new "That's what she said" Moments. The judges are always saying things that could be followed up with "that's what she said". Let's roll.

Matt Giraud - "Let's Get it On"

This was a risky song choice because this song is used kind of tongue in cheek alot these days and you have to have a lot of soul to pull it off. Matt delivered. He started out at the piano which he played really well but I was glad when he got up and moved around the stage. His singing was great. Another great night for Matt.

That's what she said moment: "I know you have it in there" Kara, and "do you feel the growth they're talking about?" Ryan

Kris Allen - "How Sweet It Is"

This was another great performance. He made it his own which is good because this song could have been very karaoke / wedding singerish. Kris is moving up in the rankings again this week. Has anyone else noticed that "Swagger" is this year's "pitchy"? They say the word at least a couple times every episode this season. I think college students could turn it into a drinking game. Every time you hear the word swagger take a drink, but I digress.

Scott - "You Can't hurry love"

Scott apparently likes to sing girl songs. Last week he sang Martina McBride and this week Diana Ross. It was a cheesy performance, not good singing and I hope that he goes home this week. For some reason Paula and Simon seem to always duke it out after Scott's performances. After Simon's comment Paula handed him some coloring books and crayons, implying that he was acting childish. I'm sure Crayola appreciated the free advertising!

"Megan Joy (apparently she's dropped her last name) Corkery" - For once in My Life

I liked her dress, she looked gorgeous but she warbled through the song. She needs help in picking her songs and she needs to not dance. She dances like she's trying to scratch an itch on her butt without touching it.

Anoop dog: Ooh Baby Baby

Once again did a good job with the song this week. It was a little boring but it's a slow song so what do you expect.
"that's what she said moment": "I want you to push it more" Kara

Michael Sarver: "Ain't too proud to Beg"

I didn't like it, the song was too big for him. I think he'll be in the bottom 3 again.

Lil' Rounds: "Heat Wave"

I only got to see the beginning of her performance and I was not impressed. She may have gotten better at the end because the recap I read said that the judges liked her. I thought that the 60's style hair was a bit much.

Adam Lambert: "Tracks of my Tears"

This was a great performance. Much better than last week! He cleans up good too. I liked his slicked back hair.

Danny Gokey: "Get Ready"

I thought he did good although the judges criticized the performance.

Allison Iraheta: "Papa was a Rolling Stone"

She did awesome once again! I loved her performance. Of cource Paula had a mustache, hand drawn by Simon while critiquing Allison. Why did she sit there and let him draw on her face? This show just gets weirder and weirder.

Bottom three this week will be: Scott, Michael and Megan. I'm not sure who will go though.

2 comments:

Hawk said...

Good review Sarah. I think the only performance I watched was Anoop and I don't even like him.

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

Good review, I thought that Megan, Chris, and maybe lil would be in the bottom 3, I was wrong. I can't understand why America likes Megan. She is beautiful, but I don't like her voice and she can't dance. I like Michael, I was sad to see him go, I think he might make it as a country singer.