Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Someone else's sandwich

There is an older man I work with, we'll call him G(I'm not sure how old he is because he won't tell me...) G is always bringing me food. About once a week I'll come into work and there will be a Hardee's bag sitting on my desk with a Bacon, Egg, and cheese biscuit inside. I love those mornings. A few weeks ago he brought me a bag of cucumbers from his garden I didn't think I would eat them all...but I did.

Today he got a foot long sandwich from Subway and offered me the other half. Since I had just eaten lunch I declined but since he insisted, I put it in the refrigerator to eat for a snack later (I know, I like to eat, so sue me). I ate it and it was delicious, different than anything I would have ordered from Subway.

I usually have the tried and true, Mayo, Yellow mustard, lettuce, tomato on a turkey sandwich. Once in a while I might go crazy and put some green peppers on there.

The Sandwich that G shared with me today had chicken, bacon, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, pickles, olives, tomato and probably something else that I didn't even know was on there. It was delicious, but nothing I would have ordered for myself in a hundred years.

Sometimes you get stuck in a rut, not just with food but with where you go, what you do with your time, the type of movies you watch, the type of friends you make. So, I urge you to live dangerously, do something different. Why don't you start with having someone else make you a sandwich how they like it and split it with you!

1 comment:

kellyn2girls1boy said...

good advice, thanks!