Tuesday, May 19, 2009

American Idol Finale

It's Idol Finale night and the competition seems to be in the bag for Adam Glambert but who knows, we may have a surprise tonght since I thought Kris did pretty good.

Adam- Mad world - This was good although I think he tried too hard to make it different than the first time he sang complete with trenchcoat. The trenchcoat was a bit theatrical, I liked how he sang it the first time, in a chair with a spotlight on him.


Kris - Ain't No Sunshine - Kris did a great job and I agree with Simon that he "won" round 1. You could tell with this performance that Kris is in it to win it and still believes that he can somehow overcome the Adam hysteria.

Adam -Change is gonna come - I don't know if I'm alone in this but I think it's kind of dumb when a caucasion sings this song. What do they know about the civil rights struggle? But, Adam couldn't help that since the producers picked the song. He did a good job singing it except I can't help but think that if I got Adam's album, the screeching would start to wear on my nerves after the first 3 or 4 songs.

Kris-What's going on - Simon thought that Kris did not do a big enough performance for the finale but Kris did what he does. That's his style. Did Simon want him to get up there and scream like Adam? I thought that his performance was well done and I applaud him for the song the producers picked for him.

Next up both had to sing this year's idol song "No Boundaries" This song has got to be the worst idol finale song evah! This song was too high for Kris and Adam was pitchy throughout the whole song. It seemed like an amateur hour. How could the judges criticize the song with Kara (who wrote it) sitting right there? I feel bad for whoever wins because this piece of doodoo has to be their first single! I think that the song was written with Danny Gokey in mind. This is just his kind of song and he probably would have sang it well.

I am really pulling for Kris tonight to win it all even though Adam will probably be crowned the next American Idol.

2 comments:

Hawk said...

I hope Adam wins.

coffee fan said...

i wish Kris would embrace his victory better, but maybe he just needs some time for it all to soak in... In any case he'd better not wait too long, Adam is already swooping in to steal his thunder