Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dreams of my Summer

Summer is upon us in the South. It isn't technically Summer until June 21st but The days are getting longer and hotter. I have a few goals for myself that I would like to put in writing so that I might hold myself accountable. These are my mid-year resolutions so to speak. I'd like to look back on this Summer as the best in a long time. I already feel like my 30's are better than my 20's ever were. If I can accomplish these goals it would make them even that much sweeter!



1. Do Something! - I feel like a lazy slug I want to do something productive everyday when I get home from work and on the weekends and I don't mean load the dishwasher either. I mean let's finish some projects around the house (Matt and I did paint the toyroom finally this past Saturday) , let's create something beautiful. Let's do something besides watch TV and update my status on Facebook every night.

2. Exercise- I am over the dreams of my 20's (that I never reached by the way) that I fit into a size 6 and look like a swimsuit model, it ain't gonna happen! but I would like to get into shape and be the best "me" that I can be. I have a lovely c-section belly that will probably never be bikini worthy but I can at least try to get rid of the spare tire.

3. Potty Train my son - Henry is the kind of child who could care less about going potty. He will walk around in the same dirty diaper all day long if I let him. If I ask him if he's got poopies in his diaper (which is really a rhetorical question since I can smell him from across the room) he insists "no, I don't have poopies" and then proceeds to cry and whine when I take him to change his diaper. He will be 3 years old on September 5 and I am going to try my darndest to meet that date with big boy undies on instead of Luvs size 4's.

4. Get better at photography and perhaps make money doing it. - I feel like I have an eye for photography. I have seen my photos get better in the last couple months and I feel like other people like my photography as well. Now whether people would pay me money to take their picture is another question entirely. I definitely want to use this summer to build my portfolio. If you want your picture done (no charge) and in exchange let me use it in my portfolio (and website) let me know!

I hope that by the end of this summer I will look back at this blog and know that I at least tried to achieve these goals and hopefully not in vain!

2 comments:

Papa and Grandma Cox said...

I hope you can do all of those things, I guarentee that Henry will not take a diaper bag to kindergarten with him. You are already doing a great job with photography.

kellyn2girls1boy said...

My girls love for you to take their pictures so whenever you want too just let us know.